Monday 25 February 2013

Heat Protector!

If there's one thing that I've learnt since training to be a hair stylist, it's the importance of heat protector.
I've never been someone who really bothered with it before, I just assumed it was a bit of pointless product mainly sold as an extra way of making money. I was very wrong!
Heat protector does exactly what it says on the tin, it protects your hair from heat by putting a protective coating over the hair, it also reduces friction in your hair so helps create a nice shiny smooth finish. Like sun protector for your hair!

Here is a fab quick test to see how a heat protector actually works - it really opens your eyes I think!


  • Spray some heat protector onto the top of one hand, rub it in and leave to dry for a few seconds
  • With your hairdryer on its highest temperature, blow hot air onto both the hand with the protector on and the hand without
  • Count how long you can cope with the hot air on each hand, I've found that I can handle the heat for about double the time with heat protector.

How good is that?
I've tried it with two different brands so far, a Wella one we use in the salon, and a superdrug own brand I had lying around the house. I have to say neither of them seemed to be better or worse than the other, and both of them allowed me to bare the heat for twice as long as the hand without any product.

So don't worry about splashing out on a really expensive brand and sending your bank account into dispair, if you haven't been using a heat protector when styling your hair, now is the time to try it out!
Try the test out for yourself and let me know if you've found any stand out products!

No comments:

Post a Comment