Sunday 24 February 2013

Test shoot, behind the scenes

As I've already mentioned, I've been doing a little bit of session styling for a local photography studio, just for some test shots for the models.
I thought I'd share my very first attempts with you - I need a lot more experience, but that will come with practice, but for a beginner, I was rather pleased with the outcome. I'm still waiting on the pictures, but in the mean time, here's some behind the scenes snaps I took with my phone:


  
The makeup was done before the hair, so I went for a strong up do Top Knot to match, I think it gives an oriental feel to the whole look 


 In session, photographer was taking shots from shoulders up


 
 Very Curly Mohawk - look requested by model

 In session, curly mohawk flows over the cheekbone.


The brief I was given was "Big and Wild" 
I wanted to make the blonde mohawk much bigger with more height, but the model was doing a nursery run straight afterwards, and as it was just a test shoot, we decided to keep it a bit softer. I still think it works, just not as wild as the original plan. I think these pictures will be a nice contrast to the stronger look of the other model

I struggled with the dark hair, as the model had been out the night before and not washed her hair before the shoot, so I was limited in what I could do. Wearing it down was just not an option but I loved the almost "cone" like top knot I decided on, I really think it tied the makeup in, and the model really went for eery poses infront of the camera. Hopefully it will all transmit in the final photos and look as good as I'm expecting!

It was all good practice but definately highlighted my lack of experience!

I'll get the final pictures up soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment